Monday, June 11, 2007

Giant Step Backward: Dow and Coal

John B is absolutely right: this is a giant step back for the environment. It is bad enough that we have an ethanol plant being built in Ithaca that will release 500,000 to 600,000 TONS of CO2 into the atmosphere each year (and use 1200 gallons of water a minute). We don’t need another environmental disaster in this region.

We need to create a dedicated group of activists to work to stop this from happening. I’ll be happy to have my name at the top of the list.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will offer to help with this effort.

Jan Bauman

3:05 PM  
Blogger JT Caldwell said...

JLB,
I have contacted several environmental groups in the area. I’ll be glad to fill you in on what I’ve discovered so far.

JT

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home